Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dating Horrors Be True To Thy Self

Being a single parent I've tried to get back into dating numerous times, for a lot of reasons. I've in the past run block  for friends, I've tried internet dating and meeting people through friends and so far none have been a great success.
I have a friend that tells me that it's probably because I have to many prejudices, and another friend that doesn't get why I don't have men lined up round the block, but really I think it's because I'm 36 years old and I'm not as good as I once was.
I'm carrying probably 15kg more weight than I was 4 months ago that I'm desperately trying to shift. I have problems letting people get close to me ( I know I need to take the barrier down) and  I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
When I was younger  it was easier go out get my drink on and dance till dawn and during that time find somebody I was attracted to.
Now I can't even decide what I'm looking for in a man other than I want him to have his own life and not live in my hip pocket. 
I am not a gold digger I don't know anyone with enough money to dig anyway. I like to pay my own way in this world. I like to live within my means and I like honesty.

I am not desperate for someone to love me, I'm pretty happy on my own which brings me to my point, all the desperate and dateless women I have come across that use internet dating sites and the chances they take. Some don't even tell anyone else that they are getting dressed to the nines and running out to meet a potential axe murder.
One lady tells me that she sent 100's of dollars to a US Army Colonel who needed money to take care of his dying daughter while he served in South Africa. He told her he had no access to his bank accounts.



I have no idea why this didn't yell SCAM very loudly at her but no she believed him even though the facts that the US army takes care of it's own and that if he can't access bank accounts how is he sitting on the internet all night talking to her. HELLO!! It occurred to me these women have more money than sense and are desperate to be loved no matter what the consequences happen to be.

I don't ever want to fall into the above category I'd rather remain single for the rest of my life and become the crazy cat lady of my street scaring small children, maybe even becoming an urban legend.   



I hope to find a keeper one day but I don't NEED to find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment