Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gorgeous Galah

                                                  I will eat you and your little camera too

Meet Gorgeous the Galah he is beautiful to look at and loves a scratch when the mood takes him. He's an endless source of amusement, he has no manners what so ever and it doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest.

He calls it as he sees it if he doesn't like you he'll start out telling you to go home and if you don't leave his line of sight, he'll tell you to piss off. He does bite and his retaliation if you escape his savage beak is to call you a lil bitch. He will suck you into putting you hand in the cage by saying "Hello.Scratch?" then he moves like lightening to latch on to your finger, so far no blood has been drawn. After you escape with your finger he'll say "HA HA" just like Nelson from The Simpson's.

He will spend hours preening my daughters hair while muttering "bird fresh". He swims in summer in a big blue dish he calls his pool and hangs out in his double rings which he is so proud of owning.

My sister D is always threatening him with galah and pumpkin stew when he's screaming when she is trying to sleep after working night shift.So now he thinks her name is Pumpkin. while everyone else he comes in contact is called Gorgee.

About 3 weeks ago he escaped the big cage he lives in andf I didn't think he'd ever come home my daughter and I spent an entire weekend walking around looking up  calling "Gorg come for scratch" the neighbours must have thought we had gone insane. We could see him in the highest trees laughing at us and saying NO. In the end I resorted to yelling "Come see your Goggy" - The Goggy is Benny the German Shepard he and Gorgeous love each other. So Gorgee  flies in to flea his Goggy and Benny licked him and rolled him onto his back so I grabbed him and carried him back to his cage amid lots of swearing (his).  I still have skin off my knees where I dove on the cement to catch the bloody bird. He's a bastard bird but he's family and I wouldn't trade his smart mouthed biting bird ass for anything. I was so glad to have him home that I took the kids out to dinner to we could celebrate his return.
If he had of stayed free there would be no fingers to bite, no grapes to eat and no people to cater to his every desire.As well as a lot of dangers to face.

                                         Gorgeous hanging in his rings pretending to be shy

No comments:

Post a Comment